Our client is a growing specialty manufacturer of food and commercial cleaning products. They are seeking a Business Development Manager who will manage the day-to-day sales efforts and operations that support the growth of the brand and the company. You will not only be responsible for the generation and retention of clients, but will also have administrative and operational duties. Though this position is based in Portland, you will work in tandem with the company’s headquarters in the Southern U.S. as well as with two remote sales reps in the South and on the East Coast.
This is an autonomous role that is perfect for someone who enjoys freedom and self-reliance. There is up to 70% travel involved; some months there won’t be any and others up to two weeks at a time, so flexibility is a must. You will lead the sales team as well as an outside broker network while working cross-functionally to execute sales campaigns and grow business partnerships. The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial and passionate about working in a start-up type environment and has no problem getting their ‘hands dirty’ to grow the brand and the business.
- BA or BS degree in Marketing or Business, MBA preferred
- 5-7 years of previous sales experience
- 2-3 years of previous experience managing a team, food industry experience is a plus
- Previous experience managing a broker network
- $70k – $90k base salary; total compensation year one is $91k – $135k
- Total compensation year two is around $120k – $150k
- Full medical, dental and vision 100% paid for employee, $400/month for family, 401k w/ 4% match
To apply now, send your resume to email@example.com