Our client is a large North American distributor of paper products looking for a District Sales Manager to launch their Northwest territory. This company has a strong presence on the eastern side of the US and is now ready to aggressively expand across the West coast. This role will be in charge of building the entire NW territory, managing key local distributor relationships, and hiring a team under you. The current roadmap calls for two new sales reps this year and four more in 2017. Aside from a few national accounts you and your team will be focused almost entirely on new business. There are plenty of warm leads, such as clients from other regions and existing distributor relationships, so it won’t be all cold calling.
This is a large, brand new territory, covering OR/WA/NorCal/NV/ID/MT, so the ideal candidate will need to be ready for a big challenge. There will be quite a bit of travel, as much as 50% starting out. This is a growing company, with big plans for their westward expansion. Success in this role can lead to many different advancement paths- national accounts, specialty divisions, further leadership, etc.
- Bachelors Degree Required
- Relevant industry experience (Paper, janitorial, packaging, etc.)
- Experience managing a direct sales team
- Hunter/closer mentality, comfortable being in a producer/manager role
- $100k base salary plus bonus; expect to make $125k year one
- Total compensation year two $135k+
- Great benefits, 401k w/ match
- Profit sharing after 1 year, cell, laptop, expense account, company car
To apply now, send your resume to email@example.com