Our client is a custom manufacturer who produces specialized components to the aerospace, defense, and scientific industries. This position is focused on new business development, both by signing on new clients and by opening new opportunities with existing customers. The ideal candidate will need to have a high sense of urgency – ready to jump on new projects and respond quickly to client inquiries. A high technical acumen is also important to successfully navigate through complex sales and production cycles. This role includes national travel (25-45%), primarily California, the southeast, and the northeast. You will be visiting clients and attending a number of trade shows throughout the year.
The company is well-funded, with strong leadership and ambitious plans for growth over the next 5-10 years. The team has excellent tenure, and puts an emphasis on having great work/life balance. As this is a new role (the rest of the sales organization is focused on account management) there is plenty of opportunity for growth.
- 5-15 years of B2B sales experience w/ a strong record of opening new business
- Degree preferred; bonus if in Mechanical Engineering or Metallurgy
- High technical acumen – experience selling complex services/products
- $55-70k base salary; expect to make $100-125k your first year
- Total compensation year 2 $200k+
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits; 401k w/ match
- Car, phone, laptop, mileage, etc.
To apply now, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org